Freshman Clay Zizzi of West Monroe is a double major in biology and music. When Zizzi is not in class or studying, you can find him listening to music or competing in the National Association of Teachers of Singing competition (NATS); representing Louisiana Tech, Zizzi placed third this year in both the College Freshman Classical division and College Freshman Musical Theater in the Louisiana NATS Conference. Here are his Top 5 favorite things about the art of music.
- Harmony: There’s nothing more beautiful than hearing a good harmony, whether it be with instruments or an amazing choir. Hearing those harmonic sounds gives me life and makes me want to sing.
- The Variety: There are so many different types of music to listen to that all have their own special qualities. The great thing about that is if you don’t like what you’re listening to, then you can just turn that off and listen to something else and there’s no harm done.
- Getting into Character: Just like in acting, all music tells a story. Getting into the character of that story is so important and freeing because it’s your interpretation of the story, so you can do what you want with it to make it your own.
- Brings People Together: Nothing can bring people together like music can. The friendships and relationships developed through music could last a lifetime. It can enhance any situation and make people dance together because in the moment, that’s all that matters.
- It Will Last Forever: Music will always be in our lives, and I think that’s amazing. There will always be a song to be sung as long as there’s someone there to sing it.